- Preserve and protect the City's inventory of open spaces and natural areas that provide our community with space to recreate, learn, and enjoy life.
- Support policies aimed at preserving the natural ecosystems that live within and around our natural areas and open spaces.
- Continue to support the 2015 Climate Action Plan that passed in City Council with 7-0 vote. Which establishes that "The science is clear - climate change is already occurring and is no longer a distant threat. And the cost of inaction is unacceptable." 2015 Fort Collins Climate Action Plan
- Commit to policies and practices that endeavor to reduce Green House Gas (GHG) emissions in Fort Collins 80% below 2005 levels by 2030
- Encourage and invest in clean energy technologies that support the Climate Action Plan
- Continue to support policies that encourage and incentize citizens to concerve our natural resources in their homes and businesses while reducing costs related to heating, cooling, and lighting.
- Promote policies and public education aimed at decreasing waste and increasing landfill diversion.
- Promote reductions of water use throughout the community.
- Seek to improve our energy efficiency efforts as they are a major opportunity to save businesses and families money.