Hello, I am Gordon Coombes and I am running for Fort Collins City Council in District 3. I have lived in the Fort Collins area for 25 years. I have lived in District 3 for over 10 years.
I moved to Fort Collins in 1992 to attend Colorado State University. I worked my way through college while supporting my wife and young family. My first opportunity to serve the public was with the CSU Police Department. My commitment to service transitioned to the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office in 1996. While at the Sheriff’s Office, I discovered my passion for working complex narcotics and organized crime investigations. I spent a total of 8 years assigned to the Larimer County Drug Task Force and 2 years on special assignment investigating two, large scale, organized crime cases. Following my service at the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office I became a District Attorney Investigator for the Boulder District Attorney’s Office.
I simultaneously started a professional investigation firm in Fort Collins for which I managed a cadre of professional investigators that provided investigative and consultative support to law firms, businesses, individuals and state regulatory agencies throughout Colorado and the United States. That company evolved into a startup technology company which aimed to use technology to optimize business and legal processes. The company was accepted into the Rocky Mountain Innosphere and was proud to be one of the first companies to reside in the Innosphere building when it opened in 2011. The company graduated from the Innosphere in 2013 and continues grow to this day. I still serve and the Founder and Chief Innovation Officer for the company. In 2014, I was afforded the opportunity to again serve the Fort Collins community as the Executive Director of TEAM Fort Collins, a youth focused substance abuse prevention organization that has been providing programming to the Fort Collins area for 26 years. In 2016, Team Fort Collins rebranded as TEAM Wellness & Prevention. TEAM provides prevention education to elementary, middle and high school students, makes presentations for parents on topics related to youth substance use, convenes community groups, provides opportunities for youth activities in safe, substance-free environments, and is available as a community partner throughout Northern Colorado.
I am married to my wonderful wife, Lindsay, who is a dedicated mother and successful small business owner. I have two adult children from my previous marriage and I have two step sons. Our roots to the community run deep, both of my adult children went to Fossil Ridge High School. My daughter, Kelsie and her partner, Edward have two young children. My son, Dakota was a First Team All-Conference left tackle for the Sabercat Football team. He now attends Colorado State University-Pueblo and plays football for the Thunderwolves. My step son, Easton, attends Rocky Mountain High School and my step son, Hudson, attends Preston Middle School with plans to join his brother at Rocky Mountain High School. Lindsay and I had the incredible opportunity to serve the community as foster parents for 2 years and had the blessing of helping several young children find their forever homes. I've been lucky to have been every kind of father you can think of, teen father, father, step father, foster father and grand father. I am passionate about helping kids grow into adulthood.
- Communities that Care Key Leader Board- Larimer County Health Dept.
- City of Fort Collins Community Development & Block Grant Commission
- Foster Parent- Larimer County Dept. of Health & Human Services
- Larimer County Alzheimer's Association- Marketing Committee
- Fossil Ridge High School Football Booster Club
- Team Manager Fort Collins Grizzlies Youth Hockey- Mites
- Executive Director- TEAM Wellness & Prevention
- Marijuana Education Oversight Committee- CO. Dept. of Public Health & Environment
- Client Company- Rocky Mountain Innosphere
- Industry Representative- Colorado Bail Bond Reform 2012
- Vice President of Training- Professional Private Investigators Association of Colorado
- National Council of Investigations & Security Services Member
- American Society of Industrial Security Member
- Life Saving Award- Larimer County Sheriff
- Boulder County Critical Incident Investigation Team
- Colorado Cold Case Task Force
- Boulder Police Dept. Firearms Instructor
- DA Letter of Commendation (x2)
- Loveland Police Dept. Unit Commendation- Drug Task Force
- Meritorious Service Award- Larimer County Sheriff
- Unit Commendation- Drug Task Force
- Commitment to Excellence Award- Fort Collins Police Services
- Police Chief's Commendation- Fort Collins Police Services
- Unit Commendation (SWAT x 3)
- Conrad Ball Award Nomination
- Sheriff's Commendation